|1952||Founded (in Sersheim) by Erich Grau|
|1960||Transition from sheet processing to strip processing and introduction of mechanical feeds|
|1963||Production of the first carbide tool (among one of the first companies in Germany)|
|1966||Expansion of the stamping plant|
|1970||Creation of a separate design department|
|1972||Creation of a department for producing special machinery|
|1973||Expansion of the stamping plant to a total of 1,200 m²|
|1974||Introduction of the first high speed precision stamping machine for stroke rates of more than 500 strokes/min.|
|1976||Introduction of wire erosion technology in tool manufacturing|
|1977||Switch-over from gripper feeds to roller feeds in order to allow the greatest degree of feed accuracy at high stroke rates.|
|1978||Introduction of automated stamping machines with stroke rates of up to 850 strokes/min.|
|1980||Development of processing machines for transformer sheets|
|1983||Introduction of EDP in the administrative sphere|
|1984||Delivery of the first fully automated welding machine|
|1988||Introduction of a CAD system, programming and control of tooling machines based on the CAD data|
|1991||Networking of the 3 CAD systems installed|
|1992||Construction of a measuring area with 3D measuring machines and CND coordinate measuring machine|
|1993||Purchase of a new tooling shop with a covered link at ground level to the production department|
|1996||Start of powder coating of core packages|
|1999||Purchase of a powder coating system for armature cores|
|2001||Commissioning of the first laser cutting facility for prototype building|
|2003||Commissioning of a high-bay warehouse with approx. 2,500 spaces|
|2004||Implementation of a quality management system in accordance with DIN EN ISO 9001:2000|
|2005||Commissioning of the second laser cutting facility|
|2006||Introduction of 3D tool design|
|2015||Commissioning of the first injection molding|
|2018||Commissioning of the second injection molding|
In the early years, tools and devices were manufactured for external companies as an evening operation.
In order to meet the demands of the ever more numerous customers, stamped parts were soon manufactured and supplied.
This resulted in the first functional division between tool-making department and stamping plant.
In the following years, in terms of stamped parts, the company increasingly specialised in the processing of electrical steel, whereby DIN parts for transformers, engine sheets and magnetic plates were manufactured.
The key customers in the early years were the big radio equipment manufacturers such as Grundig, Saba and Blaupunkt.
Erich Grau GmbH
Stanzwerk für Elektrobleche
Tel.: 0 70 42 / 83 63 - 0
Fax: 0 70 42 / 83 63 - 63
Stator and rotor technology
Founded in 1952, ERICH GRAU GMBH is today a renowned, internationally active company in the field of stamping technology.
All of our customers' requirements are handled
with great care and attention. This applies for simple items as well as for
technically challenging parts.